Monday, December 3, 2007

It's called "Fantasy" for a reason

That's because all you do is click a few buttons on your computer and voila, your work is done. I'm pretty sure that this does not translate into being able to coach an NBA team, but that doesn't stop The Misers from reading an update on Rotoworld and thinking he could step into Nate McMillan's shoes.

Here's the update:

"I think we are going to change up a little bit going from here," Roy said. "I'm not going to say that I'm going to be the point guard. But I think I'll bring the ball up a little more and kind of get back in the role I was in last year, where I have the ball a little more and try to control the tempo a little more."

Roy regularly morphs into the Blazers' point guard in the fourth quarter during tight games, and the Blazers often excel, feeding off Roy's ability to drive the lane and score or drive the lane, draw extra defenders and dish to teammates for open shots. Some believe Roy is the Blazers' point guard of the future.

That's just how Nate McMillan, ummm, I mean TheMisers would handle things too:

i swear to god and im not just saying it. i really think that i could coach at the nba level. Loser's Row, for how many weeks have i been telling you that brandon roy needs the ball in his hands and should be running the offense as opposed to just standing in the corner behind the 3 point line waiting for steve blake to pass him the ball?
It's clear what is happening -- we have our first Fantasy GM to NBA Head Coach situation on our hands. I just hope that when TheMisers is calling the shots for a real NBA team he remembers the little people that helped him get there.

    No comments: